4 Apr 2022
This recipe was provided by Luke Vandore-Mackay, Head Chef and Owner, High Grange Devon Ltd
- 4 Sea bass fillets
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp pickling spice
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 4 tsp caviar
- Cut the cauliflower in half and roughly chop the first half.
- Boil in milk until tender then blitz until smooth with the butter, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the rest of the cauliflower into very small florets.
- Bring the vinegar, pickling spice, sugar and 100ml of water to the boil and remove from heat.
- After 5 minutes pour through a sieve onto the cauliflower and allow to steep for at least an hour.
- Cook the bass skin side down (we use a plancha outside but a frying pan is fine) until the skin is crisp and the bass is 90% cooked through. Flip the fillets for 10 seconds and remove from the pan.
- Assemble the bass on top of the puree and dress with the pickled cauliflower. Garnish with the dill and the caviar.
View all Recipes