The Pure Stock Co
1 Feb 2022
Apparently, Steak & Peppercorn Sauce is one of the most popular dishes eaten on Valentine’s Day, no surprise really as it’s a silky seductive sauce that packs a punch to stimulate the senses. However, if you want to make this a dish that will win over your partner then you’ve got to get the key ingredients right. Source your steak from a good local butcher, use green peppercorns - as they have a fruitier more subtle heat and of course it has to be proper beef stock. This is a pretty straightforward sauce to make and will complement the flavour of your steak beautifully. Happy Cooking! Phil Oram, Chef Owner of The Pure Stock Co
- 2/3 shallots
- 25 g butter
- 30 g green peppercorns
- 50 ml Brandy
- 500 ml Pure Beef Stock
- 80-100 ml double cream
- Defrost the Pure Beef Stock in a pan on a medium heat.
- In another pan sweat the shallots in foaming butter until soft.
- Add the brandy and reduce to a glaze.
- Add ½ the peppercorns and squash in the pan to maximise flavour.
- Add the stock and reduce by two thirds.
- Pass through a sieve, squeezing all the ingredients with a spoon.
- Add the rest of the peppercorns and enough cream to produce a silky consistency, simmer lightly to heat through.
- Season to taste and serve with a local steak of your choice.
View all Recipes