Ashburton Cookery School & Chefs Academy
20 Mar 2023
Treat the family to this seductively tender roast leg of lamb from Ashburton Cookery School founder Stella West-Harling MBE
- 1 Leg of Lamb
- 75cl Bottle of wine or cider/ ale or meat stock
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Heat the oven to 100°c/gas ¼.
- Take a roasting tin and put the leg directly onto it. First pierce the leg all over with a sharp knife, pushing rosemary and garlic into the small holes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add a bottle of any wine or 75cl cider or ale, or 75cl meat stock to the tin. Tightly cover the whole tin with aluminium foil and place on the middle shelf. Leave for at least 5 hours (for a pink meat) or overnight for maximum tenderness and cooking (8-10 hours).
- Remove the foil and turn up the heat to 220°c/gas 7 for 10 minutes to brown if required.
- Take the meat out of the tin and transfer to a shallow tray, covering with foil again, to rest for up to 15 minutes. Use any juices remaining in the tin to deglaze and make a sauce or gravy.
View all Recipes