Food Drink Devon
10 Jun 2021
A lovely light summer salad using the best of British smoked salmon or trout and seasonal asparagus.
- 8 slices of Blakewell smoked salmon or trout
- 12 spears of British asparagus
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche mixed with...
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Tomato and pepper dressing
- 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 6 tbsp passata
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 2 Heritage tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Bell & Loxton rapeseed oil
- salt & pepper
- Micro sorrel leaves
- Soften the onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil over a low heat, add the vinegar and sugar, simmer for a few seconds until reduced by half.
- Add the passata, peppers and tomatoes and cook on a low heat for 1 minutes.
- Season to taste, stir in 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil, set aside to cool.
- Place 2 slices of smoked salmon or trout in the middle of a plate.
- Arrange 3 spears of asparagus around, spoon around 1 tablespoon of the tomato, pepper dressing, top with a tablespoon of crème fraiche.
- Garnish with sorrel leaves or herbs of your choice.
View all Recipes