Salcombe Distilling Co. is delighted to host a pop-up gin refilling day at Darts Farm, just outside of Exeter, on Saturday 8th October.
The event, which will run from 10am until 4pm, will give customers a chance to refill their empty Salcombe Gin bottles with award-winning Salcombe Gin ‘Start Point’ or Salcombe Gin ‘Rosé Sainte Marie’ and receive a 10% discount.
Commenting on the pop-up, Howard Davies, co-founder of Salcombe Distilling Co. says:
“We are thrilled to bring a pop-up refill station to Darts Farm, as part of our commitment to reducing waste. We already have permanent refill stations sited at both our Salcombe and Dartmouth retail spaces and have previously hosted a pop-up here at Darts Farm, which was extremely well received.
“Hugely popular, they allow our customers to return an empty 70cl bottle of Salcombe Gin and get a full refill with 10% off the retail price, so a great deal whilst also allowing customers to do their bit for the environment. We are looking forward to demonstrating our refill station as well as giving them the chance to learn more about our products, the history of Salcombe Distilling Co. and taste samples of both Salcombe Gin and New London Light, our new collection of contemporary non-alcoholic spirits and aperitifs.”
The refilling stations are just one of Salcombe Distilling Co’s. environmentally-conscious initiatives which include;
- 1% for the Ocean: 1% from UK sales of 70cl Salcombe Gin and New London Light is donated to the Marine Conservation Society. Plus 1% of revenue generated by Marabelle Gin, crafted in partnership with P&O Cruises, and all 50cl Salcombe Gins, including the Voyager Series.
- Carbon Neutral Shipping: All UK orders are dispatched using a carbon neutral shipping service.
- Plastic Reduction: Salcombe Distilling Co. has eliminated single-use plastic from packaging, instead opting for sustainable alternatives such as biodegradable tamper-proof seals made from sweetcorn husk and sugarcane. Boxes are sealed using paper tape. Conventional plastic bubble wrap and polystyrene fill have been replaced with biodegradable starch-based alternatives derived from vegetables, which can go directly in customers’ compost.
- Renewable Energy: Electricity used across all company sites, is from 100% renewable sources.
- ‘Sustainable’ Cocktails: The Salcombe Distilling Co. bar team has created cocktails made with locally foraged ingredients such as Alexanders and Sea Buckthorn shrub, vegan Dandelion honey and citrus stock which uses up the entire lemon, reducing waste from ingredients and their packaging.
- Bottle Stopper: New London Light now features a bottle stopper made from recycled ocean-bound plastic. It’s a way of helping to ‘turn off the tap’ on dangerous plastic entering our oceans.
From the pioneering ‘pick your own’ business set up in 1971 by the Dart brothers’ father, Ronald, Darts Farm has organically evolved to become a nationally award-winning shopping experience. In addition to the huge range of local and artisan produce on offer in the farm shop, there is an incredible range of dining opportunities, home, lifestyle and outdoor departments, along with plenty to explore around the farm for a full family day out.