Devon Cookery School
13 Oct 2021
Vanilla and Chocolate Chip cookies with a gooey Nutella middle!
- 15 tsp Nutella
- 115 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 medium egg
- 275 g plain flour
- 175 g light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb of Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 200 g finely chopped chocolate
- Use two teaspoons to scoop and shape 15 balls of Nutella onto a tray lined with baking paper and freeze (this should take 30-60 mins)
- Whilst this is freezing, we can make our Cookie Dough! Beat together your Butter and Sugar until fluffy, and then add in your Vanilla and Egg and beat again till smooth.
- Now whisk together your Flour, Salt, Bicarbonate of Soda and Cornflour, and then add into the other mix. Add in the finely chopped chocolate and mix until combined.
- Scoop your Cookies with a cookie scoop to portion (Or guesstimate by hand!) Once you have all of the dough balls, remove the Nutella from the freezer. We need tp be quick now so that the Nutella doesn’t melt! Take a ball of dough and flatten it in your hand to make a disk, place the Nutella ball in the center and wrap the dough around. flatten them from a ball to a disk (just slightly)
- Preheat your oven to 190C/170C Fan Line 2-3 large trays with parchment paper - and add 6 cookies to each tray. Each cookie MIGHT spread a bit whilst baking, so you want room for them to grow if they choose too.
- Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes, or until golden. The more you bake, the less gooey they will be! They might still feel soft in the oven, but they will harden up once they cool. Leave for at least 5 mins (I know it’s hard) and enjoy!
View all Recipes