Devon Cookery School’s Student Survival Course – Part 2
An introduction to cooking for Students and Teens ages 16+
Student Survival Day 2
On day one Devon Cookery School tackled some knife skills and basics but on day two you will get stuck into some recipes, looking at what ingredients are cheap but easy to work with. Students will leave with plenty of recipes and inspirations to get them started on their new journey!
Any students booked on to both days will receive a chef knife and apron upon completion.
If there are any dietary requirements or you are unsure about anything on the class then please do not hesitate to contact DCS.
What they will learn:
- How to make a bechamel (can be used to make a cheese sauce)
- How to make Beef koftas (can be altered for burgers)
- How to make Bolognese (The students will then have the means to make a lasagne)
- How to bake potatoes and make potato wedges
- How to make a quick coleslaw
- How to make pancakes (a quick and easy dessert with no baking!)
- Knife Skills
- More of food safety and batch cooking
- How to shop on a budget
What they will bring home:
Everything that they prepare will be either eaten for lunch or will be taken home, so DCS recommend that you bring a cool bag if you are travelling far. They will be provided with eco friendly takeaway containers to pack their items into should they have any to take home.